Why ISO 14001?
More than 250,000 organizations around the entire world are ISO 14001-certified. Click here for a list of certified organizations in the Netherlands (available in Dutch).
The advantages of ISO 14001:
- A systematic approach that leads to improvement.
- An essential foundation underlying any sustainability policy.
- An internationally recognized certificate.
- Compliance with legislation and regulations is an integral part.
- It gives an organization insight into its inherent risks and ways to control them.
- New insights into the organization’s own processes save time and money.
- Certification demonstrates the organization’s commitment.
With the certificate, an organization demonstrates that it is meeting all the requirements in the standard; this makes the certificate a valuable means of communication. Customers, supervisory bodies and one’s neighbours all have an interest in the environmental performance of an organization, and thereby in the certificate.
List of ISO 14001-certified organizations (only available in Dutch)